There`s no sense in denying it, but sewing machines have revolutionized the way most people can manipulate linen to create new clothing and fashion wear. Since Thomas Saint in 1790 engendered the first well-known sewing machine. The typical feature of these things keeps on improving by the day and is also astounding. In fact, sewing enthusiast will have notices notable upswings across all fronts, particularly in terms of ergonomic design, overall sewing capability, and benevolent auxiliary feature along with supreme design aesthetics. And with the advent of innovations such as the internet, people can easily procure top-notch sewing machines and at affordable prices.
Types of Sewing Machines
When choosing the ideal sewing machine for you, it is plausible that you have sufficient insight on some of the common types that exist in the market today. Some of them include:
- Mechanical Machine- these models do not require electricity and are the easiest to use of sewing machines. However, they do require some physical effort from the user to manipulate the counterbalance mechanism to get the bobbin and needle to move. However, these models lack high-quality auxiliary features and are rarely produced anymore. While mechanical sewing machines might require added features, they are very easy to use and can help you get rid of that pesky tear on your clothing.
- Electronic Machines- these type of models of sewing machines operate based on an electric motor that powers the essential equipment on the machine. These kinds of machine are manipulated by a foot pedal on the floor that just like driving an automobile. The more pressure you place using your foot on the pedal, the shorter the time it takes to complete the stitching. These machines are highly multi-faceted in terms of feature and also contain a host of stitch patterns which is very convenient.
- Computerised Sewing Machines- these computerized version are prevalent amongst sewing enthusiast since they entail a plethora of stitching capabilities that can be manipulated to suit the individual`s unique sewing needs. Most of them feature a keypad or touchpad as well as selection dial that can be used to select the ideal stitch for you. Some computerized will also allow you to upload a desired stitch and embroidery pattern for added customization. Although these models tend to be feature packed, they tend to be a bit expensive for most people.
While sewing machines might be beneficial to us in myriad ways, some few safety tips must be adhered to ensure no injuries or damage are caused.
- Always keep long hair or long dresses and clothing at a safe distance from the machine. Failure to which can cause your clothing`s fabric or hair to get entangled in the machine thus leading to injury or even damage to the machine.
- Keep the machine in a special room, locked away from negligent toddler and pets. We are all aware that the typical sewing machine comprises of a host of sharp and pointed equipment that can be dangerous if left unattended.
- For electric sewing machines, always ensure that the machine is completely off at the end of each usage. More importantly always ensure that no liquids or viscous beverages are close to the machine since they can spill and lead to short circuiting.